See the whole of South Korea with an unlimited train pass.
Looking to travel around Korea instead of limiting yourself to Seoul? Why not consider the Korail Pass, a special pass that allows for unlimited travel on Korail managed trains for 1, 3, 5 or 7 days. Within this period, you can travel to anywhere on any of the trains for an unlimited number of times. Since Korea is not that big, you can even return to your accomodation in Seoul after your touring, before heading out to another location the next day. For example, you could make a trip down to Busan and come back just before midnight. A trip like this on the fastest train, KTX should take no more than 3 hours.
The Korail pass is exclusive to foreigners. You are required to make a quick reservation online, pay for it with your credit card and present the printed reservation ticket together with your passport and the credit card which you used to pay for the pass over at the information counter of the train station to exchange for the Korail Pass. The steps to getting the pass will be detailed below.
The prices for the various durations are as below.
Adult: Anyone above 25 years of age. (They go by your birth date, not birth year.)
Child: Anyone below 13 years old. (Birth date.)
Saver: Group of 2 or more, travelling in the same itinerary. Tickets have to be bought together, for the same train at the same timing. Separate travels are not allowed.
Youth: Anyone below the age of 25.
1. Make a reservation online at www.letskorail.com
2. After completing payment, you should receive an email of your reservation ticket.
3. Along with the reservaton ticket, your passport and the same credit card used to make payment, go to the information booth at the train station to exchange for your Korail Pass.
4. Now with the pass, you can use it freely to book tickets to anywhere in Korea on the trains that are run by Korail (including the high-speed KTX trains!). Time to start traveling!
With the pass, go ahead and book multiple tickets in advance so as to secure your seats. Do however note that you are not allowed to book multiple tickets if the train’s travelling time overlaps. If you miss your train, simply go to the ticketing booth to have them cancel your ticket, and then proceed to book the next train to your destination! Having the pass saves you plenty of trouble if you miss the train, and gives you a peace of mind when travelling. Anytime you feel like coming back to Seoul in the midst of your travelling, you know that you can get the tickets to the next train, provided of course there are seats available!
Opening hours for ticket sales:
- Incheon Airport Railway Information Center: 0900 ~ 2130 (open all year round.)
- Seoul Station: 0900 ~ 1800
- Busan Station: 0900 ~ 1800
- Inquiries: Korail Customer Service Center +82-1599-7777